Monday, May 18, 2009

mostly yummy "cheese" cake

I've been craving cheesecake. So far, I've not tried any vegan version until yesterday. I found the recipe on Thursday, at vegweb.com, and my hubby baked it yesterday.

I followed most of the tips that commenters left behind, such as not adding water to the Ener-G Egg Replacer and only using half the juice from a lemon. Unfortunately, the batter was much too thick to blend in the blender & Mark had to add a tablespoon of water. The crust was also a challenge. One, I couldn't find any honey-free graham crackers. Two, the cookies I did choose were hard to spread over the pan. Oh, and we baked the "cheese" cake for the maximum time, at 35 minutes.

Next time, I think I'll try it at 30 minutes and maybe add water to half the "eggs". Oh, and maybe order some truly vegan graham crackers.


Here are the pics:


Mark, pouring the batter into the prepared pie crust.



all ready to go into the oven



fresh out of the oven & golden brown



the finished product, ready to eat.

No comments: