Tuesday, October 26, 2010

online baking

Lately, Mark & I have been feeling it was time to spruce up our menu. We found several cookbooks, at Barnes & Noble, last weekend that we would like to add to our library but things are kind of tight right now. So, I found this blog, meet the shannons, from a link on facebook. We're basing tonight's dinner & dessert on recipes we found there. As well as the next few lunches & dinners ;)

I decided I'd try the Mexi Shells first. So far, it's slightly out of my comfort zone but I haven't tasted it (it's baking in the oven as I type this) so I'm not judging yet.

It has been remarkably easy to prepare though I admit I didn't form little balls & individually stuff the shells. Seemed like too much bother so I tossed everything in & coated them evenly in the tomato sauce. There wasn't any mention of garlic so I added a clove to the onion mixture (we like lots of garlic in our food). Oh, and I cut down on the amount of FYH Mozzarella, by approximately one-third.

For dessert, I chose the Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I know we have lots of cupcake recipes at our disposal but these looked scrumptious & we love carrot cake.

No comments: