Tuesday, February 06, 2007

cornmeal chili bake and salad with basic balsamic vinaigrette

Last Saturday, I received two new cookbooks from amazon.com. One is The Everyday Vegan by Dreena Burton. The other is Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

I haven't yet made anything from the latter but I was inspired to try two recipes from TEV. I didn't tell Mark as I wanted to surprise him. I spent most of yesterday afternoon (even had to skip my French class) cooking up a grand homemade feast for my hubby. Which included dessert, chocolate chip cookies by The Compassionate Cook.

Well, apparently the meal was so succesful that Mark ended up eating most of the smaller casserole dish. Thankfully, it was low in fat, lol.

I found that, with the amount of groceries purchased for the recipes, I was able to make a double batch. Which was a good thing.


cornmeal chili bake


mixed greens salad with basic balsamic vinaigrette

No comments: