Tuesday, February 06, 2007

taco night!

I loooove eating Mexican food and I especially lurve tacos. Even more when they're served with homemade tortilla chips and salsa and guacamole. Big meal, lots of flavor.

We use a soy taco filling by Frieda's. I dislike the other brands, such as Lightlife. They are too gummy and sticky, imo. I like Frieda's because it's pre-spiced and tastes like the tacos I remember eating as a child. Plus, the texture is a bit drier and finer.

We serve our tacos with guacamole, salsa, beans, and rice. Everything is homemade except the beans. We use the Rosarita brand, instead. A blend of the vegetarian, black beans, and zesty salsa beans. Very tasty.

Garnish with cilantro, cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, and red onions and serve in fried corn tortilla shells sprinkled with chili powder. C'est magnifique!

No comments: