Tuesday, October 28, 2008

bad blogger

I can't believe that I haven't updated this in over a year. Though, to be honest, the last year has been rough. So rough that, when I last updated, we still owned our house, the location of all the food pics I have taken thus far.

Now, we live with my mother-in-law and times are tough. On the plus side, our vegan diet is constantly evolving with the new recipes we try from various cookbooks, along with the stuff we just make up on the fly. The best addition to our cookbook library was the Real Food Daily cookbook. We bought that one after several visits to the Santa Monica location. The seitan recipes have definitely become our new favorites.

We have also been cooking most of our food as opposed to eating out. There aren't many veg restos locally and the hubby and I are reluctant to eat at standard restos with veg alternatives. We've found our own food tastes much better and we don't have to worry about any hidden animal by-product. I think our only alternatives are Chipotle and Taco Bell and those get really boring after a while.

So, I have 15 months' worth of posts to catch up on. They'll be done chronologically, of course. Each will have it's own entry, with title and date actually prepared, even though I'm posting them all today. Hopefully, I won't let posts get this out of hand again.

Happy cooking!

No comments: